It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

eggysbrain HB User
broken glass in foot?

About 2 weeks ago I stepped on some broken glass in my kitchen- my own stupid fault for not wearing shoes. The thing is that although its just a tiny cut and looks like its healing, if I walk on one particular side of my foot it still really hurts. Like, if I press directly on the cut it doesnt hurt, but if I push on it gently at a certain angle, I get a stab of pain. Could there still be glass in my foot? Like I said it doesn't seem infected or anything like that, and after I did it I looked real close at it and didn't see anything shiny in there. Do injuries to the sole of your feet just take longer to heal? It was quite a deep cut. I don't know if I should go to the doc or just give it some more time.

Thanks guys.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
(female)

Pyewoman HB User
Lightbulb Re: broken glass in foot?

hi
Go to the Doctors. If there is still glass in there it could get infected in time if left. If you have diabetes then you really need to look after your feet. If you can put some Germaline on it and keep it covered with a plaster or something so that the cream can soak in, if there is any glass left in it should draw it out. I hope this helps but try to see the doctor if you are really worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: broken glass in foot?

After two weeks, you should probably go to the doctor. They may be able to x-ray it, because sometimes glass will show up on x-rays, depending on the size of the piece and the type of glass. But after two weeks, a small cut should be feeling better.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
(female)

eggysbrain HB User
Re: broken glass in foot?

Its not agonising to walk or anything, its just that pushing on it in a certain way makes it hurt. I think I'm going to make an appointment on monday. If there is anything in there it must be a tiny piece!

Closed Thread