It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

espda HB User
Bunionectomy/osteotomy/plantar fascia fibroma surgery recovery advice please

Hi,
I've been reading your posts for a few days now, and I wish I'd found you guys sooner. You definitely sound like a supportive friendly group. I'm hoping one of you can help me with some experience/advice.

On March 10, (5 1/2 weeks ago) I had a osteotomy with two screws over my arch, a bunionectomy, and a 3/4" fibroma removed from my PF. The doctor said it was caused by the bunion pulling the PF constantly, creating scar tissue. He removed it by cutting a hole in my plantar fascia. My recovery has been OK, some pain here and there, swelling at the end of every day, etc. I still elevate it most of the time. I've been home in a plaster (definition - HEAVY) cast this whole time, and got a little rubber "foot" on the cast last week so I could begin putting weight on it.

My doctor left Friday on vacation (so I can't call him), and I noticed over the weekend that when I walk on the foot with maybe 1/2 my weight on the foot using crutches, the underside of my foot gets tingly on the ball of my foot and the 2nd/3rd toe area. It feels good otherwise to finally step down on it, and I keep my weight on the outside to avoid pushing up near the osteotomy, like the PD said to. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had a hole cut in their plantar fascia, and if this is normal. I'm kinda scared to put my weight on it much now, but last week my PD said I need to put some weight on it to be ready for cast removal 10 days from today. If I'm nervous, shouldn't I go slow?

Can anyone out there advise me on what this tingly feeling might be??
Thanks in advance, Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread