It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

GulfBreezer HB User
Foot Pain in AM and after sitting......HELP ME

okay, I am new here and need some input..........

About 6 months ago, my feet hurt something awful when I got up in the morning. The bottoms of my feet felt so sore, like I had worn heels all day or walked on concrete for a long time. This only lasted until I was up and moving, then they felt fine. About 3 months ago, they started hurting after I would sit idle for a period of time. When I got up, they wopuld hurt like they did in the mornings. Now, the pain lasts longer and is in my ankles but DOES go away when I walk. I walk about 45 minutes a day as exercise and my feet DO NOT hurt when I am doing this. It is ONLY when my feet have been idle. I am 41 years old not too much overweight (10-15 Lbs.) I am active but this foot thing is horrible!! I walk like a 100 yr old woman when I first stand up from sleeping or sitting.........I have not gone to doc b/c I do not have health insurance right now. I plan on getting it in the next 3-4 months (I am self employed) but if I get diagnosed with something right now, it will be considered pre-existing, so I am trying to tough it out but it is very bothersome and painful. I need input..........maybe supplements would help?? I am already taking some joint vitamins now and it does not seem to be helping any............

Thanks in advance............

Old 05-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Foot Pain in AM and after sitting......HELP ME

Sounds like plantar fasciitis (PF). Look thru the threads on this topic and see what you find. There are a lot of threads about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User

Gulf Breezer,
It does sound like PF. There have been many threads on PF. I have it in both my feet and it started after my ankle surgeries. Stretching definitely helps as well as icing. If you freeze a bottle of water, you can then roll your foot over it and it helps. There are quite a few options of what you can do, start with the stretching. I have custom orthodics and they do help quite a bit, but I know if I don't stretch and ice - I get pain. At this point, the walking probably is not helping you, as you are continuing to irritate the fascia.
Nancy

Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
(female)

expo-92 HB User

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi!
I was bothered by this when I worked in an office. When I sat at the desk too long, I could barely walk for several steps. If you can keep a can of beans, coke bottle anything round, near where you will be getting up, just roll your foot on this for maybe a minute or so before you get up . this will really help so much. they doctor told me I needed surgery to lenthen my tendon and I didn't listen to him. Now I'm having all kinds of problems.Aleve is good for the pain also and keep something beside your bed and roll your feet just before you get up.
Hope this helps.[/FONT]

expo92

Closed Thread