It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
injections for heel pain?

do they help? Do they hurt?? thanks

Old 07-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User
Re: injections for heel pain?

yes they hurt..........and no they didn't help me but many others were helped by them. Give it a try ya big baby.....lol j/k

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
(female)

expo-92 HB User

I've had the injections in my ankles,knees,lower back, etc. I think it's the thought of hearing everyone talk about these shots that scare us so bad. But, DO NOT look at the needle. My OS is very good at giving these injections and he usually puts numbing meds with it. Just don't look and mostly you'll feel preasure. Anything hurts worse if you watch!
It may take a couple of days before it starts helping, but I have had many and only had maybe 2 or so that didn't help any.
They have really been life savers for me and at times it has only took 1 to get the job done.

expo-92 .

Old 07-13-2006, 03:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jprinz99 HB User

I find that (for me) it depends on the injection (the stuff inside the syringe). Have had several in different body parts. Necks hurt me the worst. Ankle shots weren't too bad. They certainly made me suck in some air, but it wasn't 'really awful'. To give you an idea of what it was like - the numbing shot they give you right before doing stitches was worse than the ankle injection.

Nowadays most docs use this bottled topical anesthetic (sp?) that they squirt on your skin and it is wonderful! Feels really cold. Kind of temporarily freezes the area where they do the injection. Makes shots not bad at all (to me). What are you getting and what are they trying to treat?

Old 07-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

i AM a baby!!! I have just had about as many injections as I can handle (four epidural steroid inj between my neck and back, botox injections and had my toenail borders removed) but they never get easier. I had to have xananx for the toes and half way through I was watching the whole thing! I am thinking about getting trigger point inj for my spastic muscles and gotta do something about my feet. Guess it is plantar faciitis. When I woke up this am my calves were so tight and my heels hurt and my ankles were tight, I couldn't even walk normally. I have birkies for work and they help, but even when I stretch at night and before I get up, doesn't seem to help.
I see a chiro tomorrow, maybe some activator work on my feet will help, and hoping maybe some trigger inj may domino down to my feet (relaxing other tense areas). This was one thing I hadn't really looked into.
Where do they inject for plantar faciitis?
I really appreciate the input you all have given!

Old 07-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #6

Judagirl HB User

They inject for PF on the inside of your foot back where the heel is.. almost to the heel. It does hurt.. even with the cold stuff they spray to numb it. However it did work for me. After the injection your foot is kind of numb.. I rested it.. the next day it was like the PF never existed.

Keep in mind though you are treating the symptom not the problem.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
(male)

Nutboy HB User

I had it done yesterday to both heels for Plantar Fasciitis. It felt similar to getting and IV to me. They used the cooling topical, and then a short term and long term corticosteroid in the seringe. Felt like a nice little jab with the normal needle feel. Then when they start injecting, it's a pretty bad burning and pressure sensation. The feel numbed up good afterwards for about 45 minutes for me. After that it's been really bad. Been laying down resting them most of the night. Not because I want to, but they are pretty sore. The doc said by the morning they should be feeling pretty good. I guess the treatment regimen is as follows. The inflamation should now subside. I continue my calf stretches, icing, wearing shoe heel inserts, and wearing a night brace. That should heal the fasciitis. In a month I see them again and they do another injection. Then again 2 months after that. The idea is to reduce your pain and inflamation while continuing therapy to heel it. Enough rambling for me....going to go lay down...heels are killing me.

Closed Thread