It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

Kalabalana HB User
Patches of skin peeling on foot

Hello, I noticed this today, when I was playing beach volleyball (which I do every week basically)
during the game I thought I stepped on some gum, but it was a very large patch of skin from my left foot that had detached, it was very thick. I checked the sensitivity of the skin beneath it, and I thought it would be fine to remove the skin, which I did. The skin underneath is fully healthy, the same pigment as the skin when my foot was healthy, and there was/is absolutely no sensitivity at all.

Over the day, patches of skin kept detaching themselves in the same way. These patches were symmetric in where they happened over both my feet. They were in the top left and right most portions of the bottom of both foot, and under my big toes. Along the toes there were some patches as well where the skin would come in contact with my shoes.

I'm wondering what I have and how I should treat it? Is it possible to have grown thickened skin, and my body is somehow shedding it?

Old 08-14-2006, 04:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kimann HB User
Re: Patches of skin peeling on foot

Kalabalana~
Shedding great hunks of skin is a bit weird, but I don't get too worried about it as long as the new skin is healthy and ready to be exposed. I have had this happen on occasion. If it were raw, bleeding, cracked, or showing any signs of disease, then I'd be concerned. You can help reduce the buildup by daily scrubbing with either an exfoliant or a pumice stone, followed by massaging in lotion or oil before dressing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
(male)

Kalabalana HB User
Re: Patches of skin peeling on foot

That sounds like a good idea, I've tried to remove as much skin as I could, and kept my feet as dry as possible. This morning I notice that my feet are a little tender, but besides that, my foot is seeming to heal very fast, and the remnants of the peeling skin are drying, and I am sure will fall off shortly. If the problem persists though, I am sure to treat my feet as you suggest.

Thanks!

Closed Thread