It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
(female)

CALIFBLU HB User
Question flat foot / surgery to repair -arch

hi . well just came from ortho doc am back in cast for afew weeks,for the 4 time this year alone on this particular foot .... the x-rays showed dramatic changes and am told can no longer put off the surgery to correct thiswith bone grafts . also am told it will take 3-4 surgeries to fix ..am not sure of all the bones involved in my foot or exactley what he said they would do even though I was a nurse , all I know is this is something I do not not want to do again, but seems I have no choice,I have had MRSA in the past I had it in the humerous and ankle bones from prior surgeries so am terrified of getting it again . yes they will give me vanco pre -op but none the less . the odds are not in my my favor . and wound vacs are no fun . so am asking , am sure their are folks that have had these surgeries done and were successful.I knoe of one that was and one didn't quite turn out as planned ,I know there are risks.thanks for your help Blu

Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lostmary HB User
Re: flat foot / surgery to repair -arch

sorry to hear about the needed surgery. I've never had that surgery, but am currently on the vac pac for my last surgery. If you have to have the surgery, you must, but I would get a 2nd opnion before I agree to it. I will tell you that the vacpac hurts a lot when you first get it. Actuallly, the pain comes when they take the sponges out of the wound and then replace them. I have found the home nurses are great at changing everything. Thank heavens for pain meds. I wish I could help more about the surgery but I can't. GOod luck.
Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #3
(female)

CALIFBLU HB User
Re: flat foot / surgery to repair -arch

oh , the wound vac . that is the worst thing in the world .hands down the most painful thing you can ever have done have had it 3 times .... and would rather be shot that ever have it again however it did speed the healing process and get rid of the nasty MRSA .best of luck blu

Closed Thread