It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
(male)

9519sam HB User
pain in numbness in my middle toe

over a year ago i started getting pain in my toes on both feet so i guessed it was because the trainers i was wearing had thin and flat soles so i changed them for some nikes and the pain in my right one cleared but im still getting pain and numbness in my middle toe on my left foot

its got a lot worse recently since i had wooden floors put in my house too

the pain is at its worsed when i role my foot during normal walking as i put my whole foot on the ground and transfer my weight to the ball of my foot i get a shooting pain in my middle toe on the underside

anyone any ideas what i can do as its affecting the way i walk now and extreemly painfull/anoying?

Cheers

Sam

Old 02-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Re: pain in numbness in my middle toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9519sam View Post
over a year ago i started getting pain in my toes on both feet so i guessed it was because the trainers i was wearing had thin and flat soles so i changed them for some nikes and the pain in my right one cleared but im still getting pain and numbness in my middle toe on my left foot

its got a lot worse recently since i had wooden floors put in my house too

the pain is at its worsed when i role my foot during normal walking as i put my whole foot on the ground and transfer my weight to the ball of my foot i get a shooting pain in my middle toe on the underside

anyone any ideas what i can do as its affecting the way i walk now and extreemly painfull/anoying?

Cheers

Sam
Sounds like a nerve thing. I had very similar things going on. Dr. said it was a neuroma. ( pinched nerve ) around your toes. Just a thought. You might want to look into seeing your general practioner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
(male)

9519sam HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B143C View Post
Sounds like a nerve thing. I had very similar things going on. Dr. said it was a neuroma. ( pinched nerve ) around your toes. Just a thought. You might want to look into seeing your general practioner.
thanks for the reply

just been to the drs and was refered to a foot person at the local hospital and for an x ray

the dr seemed to think it was something like hammer toe but didnt give me any advise as to what i could do in the mean time to resolve the pain and problems walking

im selfemployed and walk all day long but cant be taking any time off if i can help it

Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

I would just wear a looser shoe until you can get to the doctor and figure out what's going on. If it is hammer toe, you want to have a shoe with a wide toe box to keep from causing friction. Especially if you are wearing dress shoes, I'd switch to sneakers. Good luck!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
(male)

9519sam HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B143C View Post
I would just wear a looser shoe until you can get to the doctor and figure out what's going on. If it is hammer toe, you want to have a shoe with a wide toe box to keep from causing friction. Especially if you are wearing dress shoes, I'd switch to sneakers. Good luck!

im a uk size 14 and have recently boutght some big trainers the main thing that seems to make a differance is the soft sole under the ball of my foot

my work boots also have lots of room around the toe but cause me pain as there a hard sole and seem to be cold all the time which makes it worse

thanks for the reply

Old 02-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
(female)

Blondebookworm HB User

Try ASICS gel trainers. My surgeon has got me in them after surgery and they really make a difference. Get at least a 1/2 size bigger. Good luck.

Closed Thread