It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #1
(female)

me2007 HB User
Sesamoid Removal

Has anyone had a sesamoid bone removed? If so, have you had any complications?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
(female)

wtwct HB User
Re: Sesamoid Removal

I have had mine removed. I have to admit that the bone was very large and would not fit into its correct spot under my foot. For me, it felt much better removed.

I guess the complication would be that you have a chance of developing a bunion. Another complication is that the ligament would become detached.

Why would they remove the bone. What kind of problems are you having?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i broke that bone after a botched bunionectomy. i wouldnt worry about it.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
(female)

me2007 HB User

A podiatrist attempted to relieve some pain in my metatarsal area because I have a severe hammertoe (on the big toe). Ive had many major surgeries done on both feet since I was a young child due to deformed feet at birth. I was born with no arches which caused huge bunions and crooked toes. When I had my arches built up at the age of 19 I stopped getting bunions, however my left foot never took to that surgery and they had to redue it again. I had a pin break off in it(left foot) after my first major surgery(age 13) and I dont know if thats what has caused some of my problems today). I seen an orthopedic surgeon back in Nov and he wanted to fuse my big toe and put pins down the other 4 to try and correct the deformity, but I chose the podiatrist because he thought I was too young for a fusion and suggested his route because it wasnt as extensive. Well, now I have a worse hammertoe because of taking the sesamiod bone out. I dont think Im going to get out of that major surgery (fusion and pins) but I want to buy some time for awhile. I was just curious to see if anyone had a sesamoid bone removed. Thank you for your responses.

Closed Thread