It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

Juby HB User
Question discolored toe

I'm wondering if anyone knows what this could be. My middle toe on my left foot looks discolored. It doesn't hurt, isn't swollen or numb, nothing except the discoloration. It's been this way for a couple of weeks. I thought maybe it might have been caused by some new shoes I bought, but it isn't going away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
(female)

seconhand HB User
Re: discolored toe

Hi Juby,
Do you have thick nails? What color is the discoloration? Could be candida fungas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

Juby HB User

I have two thick nails but only on my two little toes, not the discolored one. The discolored one looks like it is getting lighter so I'm thinking maybe I bruised it somehow, but that seems like it would hurt. I'm staying away from those awful pointed toe shoes. Oh well, if it goes away I will be happy. What would a person do about the fungus?

Old 03-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

seconhand HB User

In order to calm the fungas overgrowth (candida), unless you experience other symptoms of this, supplement with acidopholis. Replacing the gut with good bacteria helps to keep the candida at bay.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
(female)

retiredcatlady HB User

I have two discolored toenails on my left foot where the nail was injured and does not grow out. I'd like to have it removed in hopes that a new nail would grow in. The 2nd and middle toes were severly dislocated and eventually I developed a extreme bunion.

Last July I had surgery where the 2 toes were straightened and a bunionectomy. Now the toes are still straight BUT have shrunk up and the big toe is still crooked and the doctor said it could come back. As a result of the toes being shrunk up, I still have a callous and unless I keep it cut down and rubbed down, it hurts, although it's not as big as as before the surgery.

The doctor wants me to tape it down, but what is the purpose of taping it down, wasn't the surgery suppose to have taken care of that? I am somewhat frustrated by it and wonder now if I should have chosen a different poditrist.

Closed Thread