It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

Karazzy HB User
Question Smashed my toe

Smashed my toe yesterday morning and I am in allot of pain. I have taken Motrin 600 that I have here and it has helped allot.

My toe is red/black/blue and swollen. I cannot put my shoes on at all.

I just totally missed coming around the corner of my room and literally smashed my foot into the wall. It is the second to last toe on my right foot.

My question is: Is there anything I can or should do for this...or is it a wait and see situation???

Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: Smashed my toe

You can buddy tape it to the toe next to it (the larger one). Keep up with the Motrin per label instructions, maybe ice it if you can tolerate it, and keep it elevated whenever you are sitting down. If you have an old pair of athletic shoes you might be able to cut the side out of one and wear it if you need to go out. I've done that in the past.

You might want to go and have it x-rayed, too- at your doctor's office or Urgent Care Center.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

Karazzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffkid View Post
You can buddy tape it to the toe next to it (the larger one). Keep up with the Motrin per label instructions, maybe ice it if you can tolerate it, and keep it elevated whenever you are sitting down. If you have an old pair of athletic shoes you might be able to cut the side out of one and wear it if you need to go out. I've done that in the past.

You might want to go and have it x-rayed, too- at your doctor's office or Urgent Care Center.
Ahh..thanks for that advice. I will do the taping of it and keep taking my Motrin.

I have pair of CROCS and they are quite wide and maybe I will pull them out to wear!!

I am too lazy to go to Urgent Care!!!

Old 03-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

That's okay, even if you did they would likely do the same things I just told you to do .

Crocs are perfect.

However, if you do get to the point that the swelling increases in a frightening way, you get a fever or the Motrin isn't enough, please get yourself over to urgent care. Not likely, but it wouldn't be responsible of me if I knew it and didn't say it. Otherwise, taping, loose shoes and the Motrin should cover it.

Good luck.

Closed Thread