It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

KirstyBriann HB User
ankle still sore after 3 weeks.

3 weeks ago I was sleeping on the couch and woke up to get to my bed and when I stepped down on my left foot I fell straight to the ground. My foot had been asleep and I wasn't aware till after I hit the ground. Now my foot is still swollen, sore, and pops. Sometimes it will like jam up and I have to wait a bit and then I can pop my ankle and it feels a lot better.

Is this part of the healing process or should I seek medical advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
(female)

carol1225 HB User
Re: ankle still sore after 3 weeks.

Hi Kirsty
When you say your ankle jammed up, does it do it often and is it very painful and does it unlock on its own or do you get it to unjam? I am wondering if you have the same thing I experienced for years, my ankle would lock up and the pain was so bad and I couldn't move and this could last for 5 sec or 1 hr... then it would unlock on its own and I could get up and walk away like nothing ever happened.
If you pain hasn't gotten better or you have symptoms that didn't occur prior to the initial injury that you should at least get x-rays and if they show anything then seek out an OS who specializes in ankles.
Let me know how your doing.
Carol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread