It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Unhappy bumped my fused toe

i went to my sons' graduation in new york this past weekend. i got up from bed and bumped my fused toe into the wall so hard that i screamed for 20 minutes straight. it was dark and i didnt see where i was going. of course i went to both graduations-sat and sunday, but now i am home. my toe is totally black and blue and is killing me. i called my dr and he is out of town until next week. i feel like a clutz and i have never done anything like this before. i dont think i broke anything because i dont have a bone in my toe. any thoughts????????? i have put ice on it.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sorefootsophie HB User
Re: bumped my fused toe

Debbie, What do you mean "I don't have a bone in my toe". You had a fusion, right? Which would mean the mtp joint would be fused. That has nothing to do with having any bones removed. What bone do you think was removed? You can still fracture the 1st metatarsal. Can you clarify? Sophie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

you are right. i dont have a joint. i wont see mydr until next week. my toe is black and blue and hurts like crazy, but i dont think it is broken. i could be wrong and i am just so frustrated, i dont care if it is broken. there is nothing to do anyway.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sorefootsophie HB User

Debbie, They will not do anything for a broken toe (2-5) but they would do something for a broken metatarsal and possibly for a broken big toe especially if you have had a fusion because unless it is the distal joint that is broken, you would have broken the 1st metatarsal now. (You never did say if you had only the 1st mtp joint fused or both that and the distal joint.) In that case, you would probably have to wear a cam walker (boot). In the mean time, you can use the RICE method to see if it helps. Rest the foot, Ice the area, Compress the area (maybe with a tensor bandage) and Elevate the foot....this will help no matter the problem. Good luck, Sophie

Closed Thread