It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

pearlandmary HB User
Unhappy Pain on the ball of my left foot

I have had this pain on the ball of my left foot for several weeks now and it does not want to go away. My foot is not swollen or anything like that, it just hurts when I walk. Im beginning to tilt my foot when I walk so that I do not put pressure on the ball of that foot.
I wear only low heel shoes (open toe sandels and sometimes tennishoes)

thanks
Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sorefootsophie HB User
Re: Pain on the ball of my left foot

Maybe you could be suffering from Hallux Limitus. In Stage one, there is no change on xray and no dorsal exostosis (a bump on top of the joint). There is mild joint pain. It is a clinical diagnosis the doctor makes. It does progress through 4 stages which could take years!! You could try looking for the symptoms and see if it matches what you are feeling. Let us know. Sophie

Last edited by sorefootsophie; 05-17-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sounds more like Morton's neuroma to me since it's the ball of her foot...not the great toe.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
(female)

pearlandmary HB User

Thanks guys for your info , I have set an appt with my doctor for tomorrow.
My pain is not a burning pain like in Morton's Neuroma . Actually I think I notice some slight swelling if i compare both feet. If i run my fingers over the ball of the left foot and then the right foot, the left foot is slightly swollen in that area. It feels like a bump, the size of a quarter.

We'll see what the doctor has to say.

Mary

Old 05-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sorefootsophie HB User

Oooops! I'm sorry!! Since the ball of the foot is the area below the five metatarsal heads (just checked that), I had made an assumption that the pain was under the 1st. Maybe because that is where mine was and that is all I can think of at this moment.

Thanks Titchou, Sophie

Last edited by sorefootsophie; 05-17-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No problem, Sophie! And i never had burning pain with my neuroma..it was a stabbing pain when I stepped on it just so...and a discomfort like a swelling.

Closed Thread