It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
(male)

applewatts HB User
pigeon-toed adult

I'm 20 years old and a pigeon-toed person. This has lately led me to some distress. As a kid I had to go through the routines of those horrid plastic insoles and rubber band stretching exercises- and, of course, being a kid I hated these things and often took out the soles or skipped my exercises- eventually my mom gave up forcing me and I grew up inward footed.

Now I'm starting to feel the pain that I believe results from this problem. I work long shifts of standing near daily, 4 to 6 hours, on an unforgiving floor. A few months ago I internally bruised my right foot (may be more related to driving)- and recently my knees and back have been imennsly pained. I think it's because i'm wearing no insoles in my shoes (haven;t since child age) I think it's causing me to stand bow-legged, as if my knees are knocked inwards and slightly back while working- I also think this has a lot to do with my back which hurts around where the spine meets the rib cage.

What I'm asking for are possible ways to help straighten my feet out- I'm hoping it's not too late- even subtle change would be worth any effort as I'm about to enter a lifestyle with no car and walking and biking will be my primary means of conveience. I have high arches to all this so I know, at least, some good insoles would help- any suggestions there?

Thank you for your time.

Closed Thread