It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Unbearable Foot Pain/Plantar Fascitis

About a month ago I started having heel and foot pain. I saw a Podiatrist since I could hardly walk. I have plantar fascitis. I don't have custom arch supports but am using store bought ones, and I will start physical therapy. How long does it take to get the pain down and what does physical therapy do for you? Just wondering because I can't stand the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
(female)

relteach HB User
Re: Unbearable Foot Pain/Plantar Fascitis

I had that a few years ago. The length of recovery depends on how inflamed the plantar facia is. Physical therapy will help stretch the tendon slowly so that it will no longer become irritated when stretched out--it is a slow process, however. Has you pod. recommended cortisone injection? I saw immediate relief of pain, but continued with pt and exercises. I, too, used and still use store bought arch supports. They have done a great job for me. I also used ibuprofen to help the inflammation. Rest is one of the best remedies too. Your pt should give you some exercises to do BEFORE you get out of bed that will minimize the discomfort from initially putting weight on the foot.
Best of luck!

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

55steel HB User

I've had this three times. It healed in 1-6 months regardless of what I did. There was a woman in PT that had had it for 5 years. I was close to getting a cortisone injection but have been told that they are extremely painful. Not going there if I don't have to.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

It's good to hear that this can heal. I hope that the lady who had it for 5 years was in the minority. I had a cortisone injection into one heel only, the worse one. It wasn't as painful as walking on it everyday being inflammed. I can't hardly wait to start PT because I do need help with this. Thanks for your responses.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
(female)

jacksinn HB User

taape
how is your p.f.?
I had it in the right foot. Finally had surgery because I couldnt walk anymore.
Now 3 years later I have it in the left foot. Since Feb. I have been walking around in pain and going to therapy when I have time. NOW I have achillies tendinitis which I think is because I havent been walking right on that foot which caused the problem with the tendon.
Has therapy helped you?
It is so time consuming and I hate going. I'm sick of icing my foot!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:53 AM   #6
(female)

moomin46 HB User

I had this last year and once I got fitted with proper orthotic insoles it was only around two months until I noticed a big change and then it finally went away. I still get twinges so think maybe its something I will have on and off maybe.

Hope you get some relief soon as the pain at its worst can be awful.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you Moomin46 - I finally have some time during the day when my feet aren't killing me. Continuing with physical therapy and arch supports and heel lifts, and more supportive shoes.

Closed Thread