It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
(female)

jennk71 HB User
Question Plantar Warts removed, then the real trouble started...? Help!

I'm hoping someone out there can help me figure out what to do. I read a post on this board from 2004 from a guy that broke my heart, because I had the very same problem with plantar warts (he said he'd been trying stuf for 8 years and nothing worked). I couldn't find any newer posts that said he found any solutions so I hope he did, but I wish I knew what he found.

My story - I had a plantar wart on the edge of my heel for many years, they are annoying and can be quite painful. It didn't respond to OTC treatments and bothered me enough to go see a podiatrist. I went to a good one (nice part of town etc., nice practice) he tried the weekly acid treatments, we tried duct tape - yes the doc recommended that one too, but it didn't work. Finally, after scalpels and acids etc, etc, we chose to do an in office procedure and cut it out completely. There were two, side by side and he cut deep to remove them. I healed. I thought anyway.

I'm not sure if the warts are back or if I'm having complications just to the skin. I have this dramatic area - 2 inches wide x 1 inch high - on the edge of my heel that keeps growing rapidly with bulging dead/dry skin but inbetween the mountains of that are deep valleys of very sensitive, very painful ravines of pink, split open skin. I don't know what to do with this. I try to keep it under control by sanding it down, but that is painful. It never heals, nothing helps it, it keeps me awake at night from pain. Dr.'s just slice off more skin with scalpels (ouch!!) and say there's not really anything they can do. (this drives me crazy!!!! It's possible to transplant hearts and eyeballs and they can't fix this!!??)

I don't even know what to call this since I'm not sure the warts are back, I think just the tissue is messed up from the removal. Has anyone out there have/heard of something like this? I had the warts removed to improve my quality of life and now every step is painful. Getting my foot wet, letting it dry, putting on moisturizers etc, wearing shoes, not wearing shoes, anyone/anything brushing against it, wearing socks, standing, sitting, water, sand, air....everything hurts it!! I usually keep it covered with bandaids so nothing gets into the crevaces (they're about 1/4inch deep), but it's been years and it's just getting worse. Does anyone have any advice?

Desperately yours,
Jennk71

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
(male)

bellinghamsterz HB User
Re: Plantar Warts removed, then the real trouble started...? Help!

I had the same problem.

When I was in middle school, I got one wart on my left palm. I tried the wart pads, the freezing, the acid.

I even cut off the top with nail clippers. Nothing worked. Then it got worse. I got more. I ended up with 8 warts between my two hands and one on the bottom of my foot.

The way I got rid of the one on my foot was a little unorthodox and painful. I applied the wart pads and after a while, the top layers of skin came off and then I was able to pluck the wart root. It bled a lot, but I had pulled a root out (there are more than one roots) and then I put the wart acid stuff in the hole. Burned like hell, but it killed the wart.

Well, senior year of high school (7 years after the mother wart), I went to a dermatologist about a cyst I had in my side (my teeth retainer had popped out and stabbed me in the side in the night and left it horribly infected, swollen and full of puss). I asked the doctor about the warts while I was there.

They gave me stuff called "Beetle-Juice" and it made the wart (after they had applied it like all of the other stuff I tried) blister. This lifted the infection out, but left quarter sized blisters.

I have some warts on my feet, but am unable to get them to go away, but don't want to use beetle juice yet because I have to walk a lot, so I am waiting until Christmas Break from college to get it applied.

Maybe this will help, but it will also show up in Plantar Wart searches and help others.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

paula227 HB User

Try putting lavender oil on them. it kills the virus. I did this after years of pain and they went away in 2 weeks and never came back.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
(female)

monkynbear HB User

[QUOTE=paula227;3222359]Try putting lavender oil on them. it kills the virus. I did this after years of pain and they went away in 2 weeks and never came back.[/QUOTE]

How often do you put it on there? Do you cover them after? Should you soak the foot/wart first?

Tina

Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
(female)

jenl2881 HB User
Angry Re: Plantar Warts removed, then the real trouble started...? Help!

I just went throug the same thing, actually, and it's pure h-e-double hockey sticks. I got 3 bumps on my feet after walking in my front yard in June, barefoot. We have a lot of frogs due to my neighbor installing a pond, and my doc says I could have gotten it from them. I went to see her about something different, don't remember what, but she told me they were warts. She said nothing but laser works (I tried freezing) so I signed up.

It was AGONY! She has to slice the warts till they bleed to get at the vein (this feeds the wart) then zaps it with a laser 3-5 times PER WART. The laster feels like a needle stabbing you, with a burn to it, not to mention the pain of the skin being cut off first.

I decided not to go back and try at home treatments (Dr. Sholl's Plantar wart pads)...bad idea. The smallest wart (I had 2 on my left foot, and one on my right which was the smallest) had gotten ten times biggers and was extremely tender. It made my whole foot throb and almost made me need crutches.

I decided to finally go see her and saw her yesterday. It was ten times worse. The one wart was too painful for her to work on, so she had to numb it. The needle hurt like I can't tell you and she had to stick me several times with the burning liquid. After that the laser didn't hurt at all. That wart was actually 10 warts clustered together. She said I had reinfected myself by not wearing socks all the time. They're VERY contagious and can spread by you wearing shoes barefoot, a shower matt, etc.

It was utter !#@ I can barely walk today but if they die i'll be happy. I don't see her for a month and will try the lavender oil. The laser tech told me it's important to keep them dry, which is why stores have salicylic acid for treatment (weird this product is found in ACNE treatments, since it is used to dry out warts. hm...)

All in all I'd say the pain for one day was far less than the pain I had had for months. Hope all went well for you! I'll limp for a few days.

Last edited by jenl2881; 11-17-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typos

Closed Thread