It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

sjde HB User
Why does bunion hurt more when off my feet?

I have bunions on both feet and over the years they'd ache for a period of time and then be good for a time. But for a year now, my left one doesn't hurt at all and the right one I notice not when I'm on my feet, but in bed, mostly if I stretch my toes. Could this be something else?

Sue

Old 08-18-2007, 05:43 AM   #2
(female)

moosesandwich HB User
Re: Why does bunion hurt more when off my feet?

i have to say that i only have mild bunions but my right one is worse than my left and when i have to walk somewhere quickly then the right one really hurts... but i have also been experiencing pain when i'm just sitting with my feet up... usually watching telly... it will suddenly throb and i will get sharp pains in it. i don't know why it happens.
i know this reply isnt helpful, i just thought id say that i get rtandom pains as well.
=]

Amy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i would go see your dr and hopefully he know what is going on.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
(female)

sweetpea.73 HB User

That happened to me a lot over the years as well. Then mine just started to hurt all the time no matter when where or what I was doing or wasn't doing. More than likely it's nothing else just the bunions. You really should see your doctor though. Good luck. Make sure it's what you really want to do if you decide to ever think about getting it operated on. I've had enough problems over the past five months that i'm not very happy with the outcome. I've had way too much swelling and the big toe is leaning way to much towards the other toes and the part of the foot where the bunion was is actually sticking pretty far out. Not sure why. Waiting to hear from my doctor. Just go over everything with your doctor first.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #5
(female)

Mambito67 HB User

I had the same experience with my bunion. I would wake up in the middle of the night with horrible shooting pains. My podiatrist said the bone from the bunion was exerting pressure on a nerve and causing these random pains when I was off my feet.

Also, because shoes generally are tighter on your foot due to the bunion, it reduces the circulation to that area while you have shoes on and are on your feet. Once you take the shoes off and put your feet up, the circulation resumes and can make your feet throb. Hope this helps!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I often have more pain being off my feet as well..

Closed Thread