It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Bone fusion

Hi all.

I'm having a bone fusion operation performed on 21st Aug and I'm very nervous right now. I don't know what to expect or whether its going to hurt a lot after surgery and how long it will take me to heal or how soon I can drive again. I have a blood disorder ( Im one of the few females that are actually affected by it) and because of this my Hematologist is going to be present with my Factor 9 and also blood transfusion as this will probably be necessary. I've been given tablets to take to make my blood clot which will hopefully help.

Anyway back to my foot. Its my left foot...my little toe to be prescise. I was born with it over-lapping and the toe next to it is starting to go under in the opposite direction. The DR is only going to operate on my little toe though. He did roughly tell me what hes going to do...said he would remove my joint in my little toe and break my bone to realign it and also perform a bone fusion. He said I wont be able to walk or put any weight on my left foot and I cant drive for at least 6 weeks.

Im hoping someone who has had a bone fusion op.....or any of the other stuff hes going to do, can tell me what happened and how long it took for you to heal. Was you in plaster or a foot frame thing? Thank you.

Closed Thread