It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User
Cool Don't forget the 'good' foot!

While we are going through surgeries, casting, bracing and rehab on our 'bad' feet we have to remember to take care of those 'good' feet as well. Remember that they are taking the brunt of our weight!

Make sure that you wear shoes with good arch support... forget style and go for function instead. Ugly as it might be to the eye, a sturdy shoe with arch support is beautiful to your foot... so forget sandals, thongs and flats.

Soak that good foot to slow down callous formation and give it a good massage with moistureizer... not only will it make you feel better but it will help the circulation in the good foot and keep the aches from overuse down.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
(female)

sunny77 HB User
Re: Don't forget the 'good' foot!

This is a good reminder Peny! I'm trying to remember to do that! If you're looking for a good foot massage lotion, try Earth Therapeutics Reflexology Foot Massage lotion. I got it at Kohl's (not too spendy). It has tea tree oil, wild mint and lavender in it and it absorbs quickly, so it's not greasy. I've found it helpful in massaging scars and numb areas (seems to "wake up" the numb areas a bit).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
(female)

mazzie46 HB User

I now what you mean, since surgery i've got the starting of plantar fasciitis in my good foot, and i've torn a muscle in my good knee

Hey ho, off to the scrap yard soon

Mazzie

Last edited by mazzie46; 08-20-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i have pain in my good foot now, also. the bottom of my foot hurts and i fractured the 2nd toe.

Closed Thread