It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

bettyintn HB User
Unhappy Mortans Neuroma surgery

I am recovery from Mortans Neuroma surgery & this is the beginning of my
third week. Bottom of foot under the toes are very hard & tingles. Dr
said to keep foot elevated & ice it alot. I have to wear a tennis shoe
on left foot when I walk around in my home. If the nerve was removed
from the front of my left foot, what would cause the bottom of the
foot to be hard & uncomfortable. Dr. told me that I was walking on this
foot too much after surgery & if I continue it will take several months
to heal. Is this true?

Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Mortans Neuroma surgery

Well, I'm not contradicting your doctor but I was told to walk on mine after I had it removed. In fact, they made me walk out of the surgery center on it.
I went back to work the next day and drove 350 miles by myself the day after that. All was approved ahead of time by my doctor. In fact, before they discharged me on day of surgery, the nurse showed me how to slowly, very slowly put my foot flat on the floor and dissipate the swelling before I tried to take a step. I was in Merrell mule type shoes for about 4-6 weeks after sutures were removed and regular shoes after that. This was 5 years ago. It's still fine. I can only tell you my experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
(male)

hells hamster HB User

I had the same operation back in 1993 on my left foot. It took about three weeks to recover while walking on a weird sandle-like boot that had my toes hanging over the edge. I was walking fine after week 4, but still to this day I have a slight numbness and tingling in my middle two toes. But I am very happy with how it turned out because the pain was horrific before the surgery.
Good luck with your recovery.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User

I had Mortons Neuroma and a bunionectomy done last week, and my Dr. has me with no weight bearing at all. Made a Big mistake yesterday and was resting my foot on the floor a few times and had really big pay back today with the side of the foot turning blue and allot of throbbing. I'm making sure I have ice and elevation.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:27 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells hamster View Post
I had the same operation back in 1993 on my left foot. It took about three weeks to recover while walking on a weird sandle-like boot that had my toes hanging over the edge. I was walking fine after week 4, but still to this day I have a slight numbness and tingling in my middle two toes. But I am very happy with how it turned out because the pain was horrific before the surgery.
Good luck with your recovery.
You will always have that numbness and tingling...it's from the fact that the nerve has been removed. That happens to everyone.

Closed Thread