It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

sweetred HB User
I was told that my nerves are exposed on my feet. That my fat pads are gone.

My pod told me that my fat pads are not on my feet anymore so my nerves are exposed. I have severe pain in both feet. Has anyone else been told this and have you seen any recovery or healing? If so, what was done to help them. At this point I am wearing pain patches on both feet and on a pain medicine. My neurologist is running test to see if he can find the underlying problem. He says there is a possibility that when we find the cause, we can work on that and in turn the pain will get better. One test told us that I have nerve damage in my legs. I am set up to have more blood work, a spinal tap, and a nerve biopsy. He thinks there my be an immune problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lostmary HB User
Re: I was told that my nerves are exposed on my feet. That my fat pads are gone.

Hi
I have about the same thing. It's a result (for me) of abt 8 surgeris on the left foot. with the nerve problem, You may want to ask your doc about RSD (reflex sympathithic dystrophy) I have it. one of the signs is excessive nerve pain, and swelling, different colors, etc. It is worth a question. I have it, and if you want to know more, then check out these boards but under RSD. It will give you an idea of what it is like. Hope this helps
Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dancergal19 HB User
Re: I was told that my nerves are exposed on my feet. That my fat pads are gone.

hi sweetred -

Is the pain on the bottom of your foot by your toes? I've also been having pains on the ball of my right foot (had a bunionectomy in april). I've been going to PT since june and it's been painful when I try to run or dance (other activities seem to be okay but it throbs mildly sometimes after activity). My PT said that it's due to the fat pads needing to redistribute to adjust to my new foot structure. I'm really hoping this is the case. He said it would just take some time to resolve. I also saw on another thread that it could be something called "sesamoiditis" where the sesamoid bones in your foot are inflamed. This might be something to look into with your Dr, I've read that it can occur post-bunionectomy.

let us know what you find out!

Amy

Old 08-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
(female)

sweetred HB User

Thanks, guys for the input. I have not had bunion surgery. I broke both of my feet a little over a year ago and they have truly not been the same since. As far as I can see there is no swelling. The pain is in both feet on the bottom in the ball of my feet and in both heels. It is extremely painful. I have tried all kinds of shoes and orthotics and they are not helping. The doctor ran a bunch of blood test and has ruled B-12 deficiency, sugar diabetes, and many other things. My circulation is fine, but I do have some neuropathy in both legs. As I said, he will be running a spinal tap, nerve biopsy and more blood work.

Closed Thread