Possible bunion surgery - help with questions please
I'm currently considering bunion surgery and I have a few questions. After consulting with a podiatrist who recommended surgery, I also met with an orthopedist who specializes in foot/ankle problems. He also recommended surgery if I can't put up with the pain anymore. At this point, my left foot hurts everyday. I am hoping to put up with the pain for a little longer, but at some point I have a feeling I will go forward with the surgery. My questions are 1) the doctor told me my might lose a little bit of range of motion in my toe. At this point, I would rather lose a little and get rid of the pain. But, for those of you who don't have full range of motion, will I care? I hope that question makes sense....in other words, will it get in the way of my lifestyle and is it better to just live with the pain? 2) I have a europe cruise planned next summer (July). Am I better (safe) waiting until after the cruise to go forward with the surgery - or if I do it over Christmastime, will I be healed enough to walk comfortably on my trip? My gut says to wait until next Aug. but I'm not sure if I can put up with the pain until then.
I'm sure I'll have many more questions down the road as I make my decision.