It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

monkynbear HB User
Heel pain

Ok I'm 4 weeks post op for the peroneal brevis tendon repair. My heel is killing me. I've had problems in the past with planters fasciatis (sp) and heel spurs, and this feels like the heel spur is acting up. Is this normal to have heel pain? My ankle, the repair doesn't seem to be aching too much, just my heel and my calf.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
(female)

mckesscl HB User
Re: Heel pain

Hi there,
I too have been having alot of discomfort/pain in my heel as well as my calf. My PT has told me that this is completely normal as for so many weeks I have not been weight bearing. I was non weighbearing from June 19-about August 14. I had the same type of surgery July 30.

Cyndi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

monkynbear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckesscl View Post
Hi there,
I too have been having alot of discomfort/pain in my heel as well as my calf. My PT has told me that this is completely normal as for so many weeks I have not been weight bearing. I was non weighbearing from June 19-about August 14. I had the same type of surgery July 30.

Cyndi
Why where you nwb for so long?

Old 09-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
(female)

kimba42 HB User

i had surgery last friday for severe heel spurs get an mri or mrem xrays done.the surgery was not as painful as i had thought it would be. if only i culd follow dr's orders and stop putting weight on my toes.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
(female)

mckesscl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkynbear View Post
Why where you nwb for so long?
Hi There,
I was non-weight bearing prior to surgery for long as I was casted to see if the tendon would begin to heal on its own---which is didn't. After surgery the doctor had me begin partial weight bearing after about a week.

I had the surgery July 30 and I am still having difficulties with my ankle swelling, and limping by the end of the day. I have to walk and be on my feet most of the day. I feel like I am only doing 1/2 my job as I stay in my office more than I should but the foot is still swelling. I am walking with an ankle brace and wearing tennis shoes.

Have you had any problems with the skin peeling on the heel. I am having those difficulties now and it makes my heel very sensitive.

Cyndi

Closed Thread