It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

lourash HB User
emg test for tarsal tunnel??

Wondering about the emg for tarsal tunnel, my husband is set up for Wednesday morning. I heard they put needles all the way up your leg , is that true??? I also heard just from the knee down we just weren't sure what to expect. I asked the nurse and she said the only other treatment besides the inserts in his shoes which he already tried is surgery. anyone else try something different that helped???? Also I hear that if the emg hurts it means you really have tarsal tunnel , but when my husband had an emg for carpal tunnel he said it did not hurt at all and he had severe carpal tunnel in both hands.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: emg test for tarsal tunnel??

Hi I had an emg test for tarsel tunnel. I had broken my tallus bone and had spontaneous necrosis After it healed, I was still having alot of pain for months. I was sent to a neurologist for an emg test. It didn't hurt. It is annoying because being poked is, but it was over quickly. I had another one 6 months later and it didn't hurt either. THeir opinion was I had rsd so they wouldn't do a nerve release surgery. Good luck Wednesday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread