It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

storm12 HB User
stabbing tailors bunion and pregnancy

It's been a while since I've been here. After they decided that I definitely have a tailors bunion after finally getting an MRI last fall after months of pain, the podiatrist tried different orthotics in my shoes (didn't really help all that much), and then finally gave me a cortisone shot just before my wedding. My foot felt so nice for about a month. He refused to give me any more cortisone shots, and said to consider surgery. I finally scheduled it for April. I found out a week before the surgery that I was pregnant, and of course they refused to do the surgery, and said come back after I had the baby. So probably the earliest I can next do the surgery is January.

Question: Do you think he might be willing to give me one more cortisone shot in a month or two, for during the last part of the pregnancy when I will be the heaviest? I am only almost six months along, an my foot had been doing pretty well but now it feels constantly (as opposed to sometimes) like there is a knife stabbing the whole side of my foot, and I am starting to walk differently again to compensate - which is making my ankle hurt pretty consistantly, too. It doesn't seem to matter which shoes I wear, or with or without the inserts, either.

I am just not sure what to do. I guess I knew it might get painful with pregnancy, but I had optimistically hoped it wouldn't. I am a little frustrated now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: stabbing tailors bunion and pregnancy

thats up to your dr. i dont know if cortisone would have any affect on the pregancy. good luck and see what he says

Closed Thread