It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

tootsie:) HB User
Decision dilemma

Hi all-I had bunion surgery 7 months ago and am still having some difficulty. I saw my family dr. about it recently and it is his opinion that there is a problem with the end of my toe from the IP joint to the tip as it sticks up whereas it should lay flat and that this could be what's causing my discomfort. He also said there was a possibility that if scar tissue was causing this "deformity", as he put it, that more surgery might be neccessary. I then notified my surgeon about this and his thoughts were that surgery regarding scar tissue is rare. I will be seeking a third opinion soon. My questions are: Has anyone had a similar experience (and especially with this particular joint/part of the toe) following bunion surgery? Did the problem resolve on it's own? If so, how long did it take? If surgery was involved, how long were you out of commission? Tomorrow I have to decide whether or not I am going to commit to a 6 month educational program which will involve a good deal of very physical practicum work. I am just worried that if I end up needing some kind of surgical intervention, that maybe I should postpone the idea of school for now. It's a really tough call. Any input would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: Decision dilemma

how much discomfort are you in? i would see the surgeon and then get another opinion. scar tissue is so hard to get rid of. see what the new dr says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread