It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

skyhighifly HB User
Anterior Impingement - 6 weeks PO

I am almost 6 weeks PO and got permission from the doctor to start weaning out of the boot and into tennis shoes until I get strength back. He also gave me a smaller ASO brace to wear as needed and later when on uneven ground or doing anything involving jumping. Well... Easier said than done. The walking part is going well using just my tennis shoe. The problem is the rubbing of my shoe on the incision. I know people here have mentioned things to cover the incision with, however, I am allergic to many adhesive tapes. Anyone know of something that sticks without adhesive??? Also, I have been wearing the ASO to bed at night because I move around a lot and am under instruction to have no inversion, which definitely would occur in my sleep. Yesterday morning I awoke with a faint red line on the medial part of my ankle. This morning it is far more blotchy and burns. Nothing can touch it. I can't even wear my boot at this point because that area just burns and it isn't even the surgical area. I do have another spot on the incision that is much smaller and am sure this is from my shoe. Is it possibly to have the beginnings of a pressure sore from a brace?

Old 09-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
(female)

sunny77 HB User
Re: Anterior Impingement - 6 weeks PO

When I was able to run, I had issues with blisters on my heels in my running shoes. I went to a running specialty store and they had these oval shaped stickers that you put on your shoe (no adhesive is in contact with your skin), in the spot that is rubbing. It's smooth and stops all friction. They come in a few different sizes and have worked great! I would think any major sports retailer would have them as well. They might be worth a try. As far as the areas on your skin that are painful...have you tried aloe vera, cocoa butter, or antibiotic ointment (with the pain reliever in it)? That might soothe the area a bit. Hope your foot feels better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread