It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
cat scan after toe fusion

went to the dr today and he says a screw could be hitting my bone. i am going for a cat scan tommorrow to see if my big toe is fused. i had surgery 10 months ago. do you think it is too early to go for a cat scan??? i feel like cancelling. please tell me what you think. debbie

Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
(female)

SoCalSharon HB User
Re: cat scan after toe fusion

I had my ct scan at 11 1/2 months. I think they're very reliable for seeing what's going on so maybe there would be no advantage to waiting. If it's solid they should be able to get that hardware off. By the way, I just got great news after getting my hardware taken out 7/23 (1 year post revision), the bone is healed!!! He said the nerves are what still hurt but will settle down in time and he has no restrictions on me other than getting rigid hiking shoes and using hiking poles for trail hikes. I'm not ready to hit the trails yet, but I can wear my DC skater shoes now. I was so overwhelmed at the thought of being mostly "normal" that I cried off & on all day. I'll start out slow so I'm not over doing. Hope your ct scan goes well.
Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sorefootsophie HB User

Debbie, YES! It is time for that scan. You will finally have an answer whether or not that bone is fused or at least fusing! I had my CT scan at 10 months and the doctor called it a non union then! I am so glad that it was finally shown so I could have it redone. This time it has fused great! The plate and 5 screws will stay in as they are not an issue. Even if the screw is slightly long and digging into soft tissue that would cause a problem but with the CT scan you will finally know for sure!

Sharon, CONGRATULATIONS on finally coming to the end of the road with the healing. I know it has been a long journey for you too! Sophie

Last edited by sorefootsophie; 09-10-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

hi sophie and sharon. thanks for responding. sometimes i feel so alone in this. sharon-a big congratulations to you. what a wonderful feeling to know you are almost normal!!! sophie thanks so much to you for your advice and expertise. i had the cat scan today and now i have to call my dr for an appointment so he can read the results. i probably wont see him until monday. i am so anxious to find out, but also scared. he wont have the report till thursday or friday-maybe i should call him on the phone friday so he can tell me ahead of time. i dont know if that is right. i need luck on my side. debbie

Closed Thread