It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dancergal19 HB User
shoe problems 5 months post-op bunionectomy

hi All,

I am still experience some shoe problems even though most of the swelling has gone down. I don't know if my foot will ever feel normal but it feels weird when I wear flip flops (not very often, don't worry) because I can't grip my toes right and when I try to wear heels. Then again I've just started trying to wear heels but it just feels funny.

Maybe i'm over analyzing but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems and if it just kind of goes away over time and then you feel back to normal walking in any type of shoe? I feel fine in other flats and sneakers, even though my gait still seems a little off.

Thanks!
Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

55steel HB User
Re: shoe problems 5 months post-op bunionectomy

I have one pair of slippers that I can't wear. However, I don't wear anything but sneakers and Merrell's so it's not an issue. Seems to me you wouldn't want to be wearing heels anyway. They are often what causes bunions in the first place. They are evil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: shoe problems 5 months post-op bunionectomy

hi dancer, i think 5 months is a long time not to be able to wear shoes. i cant remember what kind of bunion surgery you had. i had toe fusion and i am still trying to wear heels and the cute shoes before i had this surgery. i would not give up if i were you. everyone is different. how much of the swelling has gone down and maybe you should ask your dr. debbie

Closed Thread