It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

havingtea HB User
squeamish about recommended metatarsal cuneform fusion

My first post...I accidentally posted it first as a reply in another thread.

I was just told today that, in addition to a bunionectomy (mod. McBride), I need to have a metatarsal cuneform fusion (on metarsal bone going to big toe), due to laxness/lack of stability in my foot joints and curving metatarsals. I am really feeling squeamish about this, and as long as I can find a place to sit down here and there, it's not hurting enough to seek cortisone shots, so I'm wondering if I can just live with it forever, and not take a chance on surgery (I'm 56). I am just tired of my bunion hurting (despite my SAS shoes which are quite ugly, but the only shoes my feet can tolerate without squealing), my big toe going numb, and occasionally limping after walking around for only an hour or two. The podiatrist said this was the cadillac of bunion surgery and would fix the underlying problem that helped cause the bunion. Anyone care to comment, pro or con?? With most sincere thanks for your time, Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread