It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

stepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB User
I'm So Excited!

After my last visit to the ortho surgeon, I finally feel like I am reaching the light at the end of the tunnel. I am on the road to progress! I am making improvement!
I have started physical therapy which my dr thinks will help me walk better. My hip abductor is weak after all of the time I spent NWB and taking it easy. I have exercises I do with light weights in the morning and at night that should help build strength. Hopefully, I can lose my weeble wobble that I walk with now.
I am scheduled for surgery November 9th on my big toe to realign it. My dr and I spoke about the procedure he has chosen. Originally, I was concerned with his choice of the Keller Procedure because I learned here that many people had trouble pushing off with their toe after the surgery. Dr. said it shouldn't be a factor because of my ankle fusion. I have to wear shoes with a rocker sole anyway, and so the problem will be corrected through the shoes.
Finally, the dr suggested I see a physiatrist for the pain in my hips and lower back. I am hopeful that he will be able to provide some help through exercise or modifications in my gait or activity to relieve some of the pain.
Thank you all for the advice I have been receiving here. This is a great service for those of us who suffer from unique or even not so unique situations. It is comforting to know we are not alone. I appreciate people sharing their experience, strength and hope with me!
Step

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: I'm So Excited!

Step

Great News!! I am so happy for you. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Sincerely
Mus

Closed Thread