It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
(female)

kimmcarr HB User
question about pf release

hi. i'm new to this board and have been reading about alot of the old posts. i have a question and i know you guys will give me an honest answer.
i ask this beacause that pf release is my last option. i ruptured the pf 16 months ago and have been in god awful pain that is steadly getting worse.
the question: how long is the actual recovery for pf release?
any other info you guys could impart would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
(male)

deadlifter HB User
Re: question about pf release

For me, I had a minimal open plantar fasciotomy to fix plantar fasciitis which I had unsuccessfully battled with conservative treatments for over a year, and it took 6 months to become virtually pain free and strong again. The foot apparently does take quite a bit of time to fully heal, probably because you cannot rest it properly after surgery. I was actually nearly pain free at 2 months post-op, but then I had a problem with neuritis of my posterior tibial nerve which took an additional 3+ months to heal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
(female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User

Hi,
I have not had the surgery, but just wondering if you tried physical therapy. There are various types of physical therapy. A more non-traditional PT that does myofascial release might be helpful to you. There are also massage therapists that treat people to relieve the tissue around it. Sometimes when you relieve the tissue around it you find the pain for the initial ailment is less. My osteopath once suggested rolling my foot on a golf ball (vertically up and down plantar area while standing on it - for a minute or so)- said it helped his patients more than anything. Ask your dr. about that before you try it as each case may be different. (I'm a patient - not a dr.) Hope this helps some.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

kimmcarr HB User

thanks for the replies. i am in therapy now. have the custom orthotics,always wear them. now may have some nerve inpengement due to the enlarged tendon. am walking on the outside of my foot because of the pain. wore out two of those walking boots. i'm scared that the surgery wont help or make it worse.

Closed Thread