It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 03:16 AM   #1
(female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User
Hammer Toe - Clarification

If anyone has a hammer toe OR a loose floppy toe (from any type of foot surgery esp neuroma surgery) I'd appreciate knowing what treatments may have helped you. The two podiatrists I saw, in addition to my surgeon, said the hammer toe and also the floppiness came from my 2nd neuroma surgery. (That was obvious since it was not there before the surgery, but there immediately after and it is on the list of complications from the surgery.) Anyways...my toe is now bent and also floppy. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Hammer Toe - Clarification

I didn't have that problem after my neuroma removal. Other than surgery to correct the hammer toe (and I certainly wouldn't go back to the same surgeon!), they do have these cushions you can use. But everyone I know with a hammer toe eventually had it surgically repaired. I would see a sports med ortho for that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

jean220 HB User

I am new to this forum, but I have a question, I had hammer toe surgery 2 weeks ago, I have those odd looking shoes, the doctor took out some bone, put in a hollow screw, he said that these screws could bend, I just wonder how easy it is to bend these screws, my toes are hurting bad today, my husband rewrapped them for me last night after my bath, what are the bangages for? to protect them & give support? I really dont know and my doctor is out of town today. thanks for any help, Jean

Old 10-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
(female)

casatonia 1 HB User

I suffered from Hammertoes all my life and have had pins in them, the muscle removed and the final resort was to have my bones fused (two toes on my left and two on my right).
That worked for about a week and now my toes have gone back to the way they were (my toes are actually right-angles with the tip facing down-nothing can be done about it).
My doctor was stupid and made the mistake of putting me in surgery at a young age.
Im not trying to scare anyone as the operation usually works, besides Americans have better surgions than the English.

Closed Thread