It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Bunion And Neuroma Surgery

Hi everyone, I have been off the internet for about a month as I was getting my computer fixed. It feels so good to be back on.
I had both of my surgeries August 15 and I am still recovering. I am walking around and have been wearing a tennis shoe several hours a day. I go back to work the 13th of this month. My job requires me to be on my feet 8 hours of the day, so that's why my going back to work was delayed. My big toe on the left foot is still a little big and looks so straight compared to my other big toe. I had a little infection this past week in the incision but my Dr. got it under control. I took my first walk to the mall yesterday, and took on a little more than I could handle. My foot started hurting really bad on the way home and had to take my shoe off. I have to learn to take things a little at a time and not overdue.I learned one very important thing from these surgeries; Don't overdue after your surgery as it can set you back in your recovery very quickly. I had the bunion removed from my big toe and a screw put in, and I had the Morton Neuroma removed from the same foot, along with the nerves. The nerves were really bad the Dr. said. I have more aches from the big toe than anything else. If you are going through anything similiar and I can help with any questions just let me know and I know you will get some good answers from everyone on the board as well.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
(female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User
Re: Bunion And Neuroma Surgery

Hi,

Glad you are healing more and more each day. I'm writing because I had neuroma surgeries. (I had 4 initially and a total of 9 over the last ten years - due to 2nd surgeries). I hope yours works out well - I know some do well - but just wanted to let you know - if it ever grew back- really try and avoid a 2nd surgery in the same interspace. I, and many others I know, got worse - or not helped - by the 2nd surgery. I was great with the 1st for 4-5 years and then the nerve grew back and I have a lot of scar tissue. So, hopefully yours will be fine - being it 's just in one area most likely it will be. But if it ever comes back let it be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Chubstercat HB UserChubstercat HB User

Did they go in thru the top or bottom for the neuroma?

Old 10-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User

They went in on the top for the Neuroma.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Chubstercat HB UserChubstercat HB User

Did they do an MRI or anything? The doctor says when he presses down, he doesn't get a pain response from me, but bearing weight is excruciating. He says they go in and do an "exploratory surgery." I am in so much pain, I don't know what to do. Thanks.

Closed Thread