It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Question Orthotics after Bunion & Morton Neuroma Surgery, and a question on the screw in toe

How important is having Orthotics after my surgeries, and when can they actually take the mold from your feet for them? Does there have to be "No" swelling in the big toe before they can fit you for them? My Dr. says he makes the orthotics himself. My big problem is getting enough money to pay for them.

Another question: I have a screw in my toe after surgery. How can I tell if the screw is trying to come out?

Old 10-05-2007, 04:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Orthotics after Bunion & Morton Neuroma Surgery, and a question on the screw in t

I can only answer the neuroma question. I had one removed about 6 years ago and my doc said nothing about orthotics and I haven't used them. Don't know why you would need to if it was removed correctly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Orthotics after Bunion & Morton Neuroma Surgery, and a question on the screw in t

orthotics would help with bunion prone feet. I can't say about when to get the fit after surgery as I had mine done before hand. As for the screw, if it moves it will cause discomfort in the area. X-rays can show if they have moved if you continue to have problems well after surgery.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i think ortodics would be a great idea after the bunion surgery. i think i got mine after my foot totally healed. maybe insurance would cover some the cost if your dr writes a letter saying you need them.

Closed Thread