It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2001, 03:50 AM   #1

Norma HB User
Post Pain on TOP of right foot

For several years, my right foot has been giving me problems. I have had sporatic pain in the foot but it seems to be more frequent and for longer periods of time. It feels as though something has been dropped on top of the foot and it feels badly bruised. It hurts when I walk or stand on it and there is no pain when I am sitting. I try to rub my foot but it doesn't seem to help - have used a heating pad. No help there either. Pain is deep within the foot. I have arthritis in my knee and wrist and am on Advil daily for the pain and yet it doesn't touch the pain in my foot. I of course thought about going to my Ortho. Surgeon or a podiatrist for help but decided to post topic here. What can a doctor do but prescribe medication, which I am already on or recommend surgery? Many are knife happy!!! Any advice? Thank you

Old 05-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

Location: Central Coast, California - about 5 minutes from the ocean
Gourmet Gayle HB User
Re: Pain on TOP of right foot

Hi Norma: Your right foot pain sounds very much like what I've experienced for over a year. I finally went to the Ortho Surgeon, had x-rays, and it was determined to be acute osteo-arthritis. I'm going in for extensive surgery on my left foot (June 8) to remove bunion and total reconstruction - will be non weight bearing about 2 months. When I recover from this one, I'll be up for second surgery on right foot. Trying to determine which foot to have done first was very difficult. I do know this will just get worse, but thankfully there is corrective surgical procedures to repair osteo arthritis. Check out a few of my threads/post and you will see the similiarities. Good luck to you.
GG ((~.~))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
(female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User

I have that - in my case it's the tendons being strained in my foot.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
(female)

shahn344 HB User
Wink Re: Pain on TOP of right foot

Norma

Sounds like nuropathy. I have this too.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #5
(female)

noodles886 HB User

I had pain on top of foot....in area where shoelaces get tied. First I thought I tied them too tight. After 2 weeks of soreness/tenderness I went to foot doctor. He said I had a bone spur and that my arch had dropped. Suggested I wear an orthotic (had a store bought one since I had arch problems in past)to build up arch for 2 weeks and see what happened. If after 2 weeks, pain was still there, wanted me to have x-ray. It's been about 1-1/2 weeks and pain is almost totally gone. He also said I have a little arthritis in my big toe.

Closed Thread