It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2001, 12:32 PM   #1

Michlynn HB User
Question Repeat Bunionectomy

Has anyone ever had to repeat a bunionectomy? I had my surgery in January and now must do a little more work in the same foot. Has anyone had a similar experience and was the recovery easier the second time around? I'd appreciate any information that anyone has!!

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2001, 04:10 PM   #2

notami HB User
yikes! i assume they didn't schedule it this way or you would've been prepared for it...did they not get it right the first time? sorry to hear that you have to go through that all again. are they going to repeat the same procedure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2001, 10:04 AM   #3

Michlynn HB User
Hi. The doctor had to do a little "touch up" from the first procedure. There was not enough range of motion in my big toe after the first surgery. I just had it yesterday though and it was not as bad as the first time. I'm hoping the recovery is faster. Recovery from foot surgery really takes a long time! I didn't believe the doctor in the beginning when he said it's a full 6 month recovery but I do now!!

How long ago was your procedure and what type was it? how are you doing now? Back to normal yet? I was just starting to be able to get around again, but I still couldn't get into shoes or do aerobics. Not that it matters now! Have you had any problems like that? Are you back in shoes/excercise/walking??? Good luck!

Old 05-24-2001, 03:24 PM   #4

notami HB User
hi. sorry it took me so long to post again...how are you doing?
i had a bunionectomy (my doctor just referred to it as "the more aggressive" surgery) where they remove the bunion and break the first metatarsal, use the break like a hinge to swing the bone into place and then put a pin in to hold it there. i had the surgery in january and i'm finally getting back to normal now. i started running again last week (which was really nice!) and it doesn't really hurt, but i can tell if i do too much because it will still swell and get a little sore. i still haven't tried to wear heels or anything like that. i've been going to the gym and using weights and bike, but i haven't done any aerobics. i am playing softball though and so far so good!

how is your second recovery? any better? it's amazing how long it takes before you get back to normal, isn't it? it took me a long while to even walk normally once i finally got off crutches! (there were many jokes around the office about my gimp!)
hope you're doing well!

Closed Thread