It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2001, 01:00 PM   #1

Iwillflyaway HB User
Question Did a bone pop out of the top of my foot?

Last night I was in bed and I had this dull ache pain in my foot. I am 26 years old and I found out when I was 17 that I have arthritis in my feet. And so, like last night I felt this ache like arthritic pain in my left foot. It felt like the pain was near my ankle and kind of spread to the top of my foot. I rubbed my foot to discover a knot on the top of my foot. It is like the size of a bee-bee or a little bigger. The thing is, it is as hard as bone. Like it is connected to bone or something like that.
It doesn't move around either. It doesn't hurt when you touch the bone or the skin around it. Meaning it isn't like severe sharp pain.
I know that there are hundreds of bones in our feet, and that it is so easy to break a bone in the foot. I knew a woman that was just walking and broke a bone in her foot.
I have broken a part of my toe that was in the foot area before, but I fell to do that. I have not done anything lately to hurt it.
I went to the doctor today to ask to be seen, but they said they would not see me until Monday. We do have a book here about illnesses and such, and my husband read where it could be cancer that formed there from the blood stream. Has anyone heard of that?
I read the post about the ganglion, and it isn't what I have. This is as hard as bone and doesn't move.
Please help if you can.
Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2001, 01:35 PM   #2

PattyAnn HB User
I have the same thing you talked about. My doctor called it a bone spur. It is associated with arthritis. He said it will be there till surgically removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread