It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2002, 03:39 AM   #1

sue 2001 HB User
Post my bunions are growing back (fast)

god yesterday i could not get my shoes on the ones iv worn to work just latly,over the last month or so i noticed that my bunions looked biger than normall and kind of harder than normall,and i just put it down to now wearing normall shoes again for work (heels)and i thourght it was ok and just my feet changing shape, but god to day they are huge biger than iv ever seen and i think the bunions are filled with a bursa , i cant belive it they dont hurt very much tho why are they growing back so fast? i ask my self ,i cant get my feet into any of my shoes with out realy forcing them in.
this has shoked me i only just started liking my feet for the first time in years,why why why ,after i had my 2nd toes removed the drs said that my toes will angle over a bit more but never said that the bunions would grow like they have, any help would be great from sue .

Old 02-03-2002, 08:27 PM   #2
Inactive

aveggieboy HB User
Get out of those pointy toe-heel-work shoe things..
Get that metatarsal support.... I wear the birkenstocks that kinda make the weight of the forefoot expand in all directions.. my podiatrist said they are excellent - padding is exactly where it's supposed to be--- get away from those pointy toe killers.... you feet will thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2002, 04:39 AM   #3
(male)

stewstorm HB User
Hi Sue

sorry to hear your bunions are back bigger than ever

is surprised me that you were allowed to wear heels after having your second toes amputated, the big toes will always go further without the second toes to stop it but wearing heels will accelerate the process

I know from your posts that you love heels but you must think seriously about changing.

you must stop wearing heels to have any chance at all of still being able to walk in the near future.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:45 AM   #4

Vopra HB User

hi sue,

I see that you have amputated your second toes. For some months I was thinking to do the same, but on my right foot and to amputate my second and third toe as well, which is totaly deformed and overlapped by the second due to severe bunion. I also suffer from pain, corns and thick skin on the footsole and specially from the ingrowing nail on the deformed third toe. But I am interested how long was your recovery after the amputation, do you have to use crutches and how long did it take that you could walk again normaly.

------------------

Old 02-15-2002, 05:05 AM   #5

sue 2001 HB User
hi vopra i was of my feet for only a week after i had my 2nd toes removed and after that used crutches for 1 other week, the recovery was ok and not that painfull but the only thing is that my big toes have now angled right over and now going under my 3rd toes,this has made my bunions look evan biger good luck and pls tel me how bad your bunions looks now before surgery and i can relate with you to how mine looked before i had my 2nd toes removed , from sue

Old 02-25-2002, 12:23 PM   #6

Vopra HB User

Hi Sue,
as I alredy wrote, I am thinking only about the amputation of two toes on my right foot (the second and the third) and not at all about removing the bunion. I have severe bunion deformity. My right foot is now much wider due to bunion (rather big) but much shorter due to angled big toe towards the other toes. Two doctors have suggested the amputation of two toes to get more space for the rest of the toes, for better blood circulation and releif of pain. My third toe is totaly deformed, overlapped by the second, and when I look down on my right foot it seems that I have alredy amputeted the third toe. Vopra

Closed Thread