It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2002, 07:32 AM   #1

Kellish HB User
Question FREIBERGS Disease

Does anyone have information or web addresses on Freibergs disease diagnosis and treatment. My cousin has recently been diagnosed with this in one foot (it is disabling and extremely painful). Thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #2
(female)

cheeckychum HB User
Exclamation Re: FREIBERGS Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellish
Does anyone have information or web addresses on Freibergs disease diagnosis and treatment. My cousin has recently been diagnosed with this in one foot (it is disabling and extremely painful). Thankyou
hi how old is your cousin? I have freiburgs disease aswell an d you are completely correct it is so bad and hurts all the time. I have mine in 3 of my bones in my left foot. The doctor told me that it is when the bones crumble for some reason. please write back to me and tell me anything about this disease. Anyone else out there please help me understnad why i have this.. i don't understand. please wite back. Emma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

cheeckychum HB User
Re: FREIBERGS Disease

Hello! I have freiburgs disease and i was hoping someone would tell me what it is?? please write back to me

Old 12-28-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
(female)

yanksgirl HB User
Smile Re: FREIBERGS Disease

Hi,
I've had Freibergs disease for several years. It started as pain in my left foot in the toe next to the big toe. I was a walker and first had a neuroma and had that removed, then this started. I was told it's an arthritic condition specific to the 2nd toe of the foot. The ball of the foot underneath the toe. gets very painful. Ifinally had foot surgery and the 2nd toe shortened and an osteotomy (sort of a fusion) of the 2nd and 3rd toes. The pain is much better, however, I can't wear heels anymore and had to see a pedorthist (one who specializes in footwear for problem feet) and get orthotics put in my walking shoes. I have numbness in two of the toes also. I just have to be careful of the kinds of shoes I get and am very limited in dress shoe selection. Also, my balance has been affected due to the numbness of the toes.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #5
(female)

panarica HB User

i also had mortons neuroma and then had it devoloped into friarsburgs... i was just diagnosed yesterday and still a bit worried... im on a volleyball scholarship..does anyone know about lasting effects? like if i play am i going to be able to walk in 30 years?

Old 07-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #6
(female)

one_teaspoon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksgirl View Post
Hi,
I've had Freibergs disease for several years. It started as pain in my left foot in the toe next to the big toe. I was a walker and first had a neuroma and had that removed, then this started. I was told it's an arthritic condition specific to the 2nd toe of the foot. The ball of the foot underneath the toe. gets very painful. Ifinally had foot surgery and the 2nd toe shortened and an osteotomy (sort of a fusion) of the 2nd and 3rd toes. The pain is much better, however, I can't wear heels anymore and had to see a pedorthist (one who specializes in footwear for problem feet) and get orthotics put in my walking shoes. I have numbness in two of the toes also. I just have to be careful of the kinds of shoes I get and am very limited in dress shoe selection. Also, my balance has been affected due to the numbness of the toes.
i also get numbness in my 3rd n 4th toe, i had a pin put in my 2nd from freibergs. i cannot wear orthodics because i had an ankle reconstruction and the pin was put in the same foot for conveinece... im willing to take extremes to make the pain go away!!! i feel as if under the foot the ball part under my 2nd toe when i walk it dislocatiing and relocating.. it feels soo bad...

Closed Thread