It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2002, 10:04 PM   #1

Donna S HB User
Smile spurs on the feet

Does any body have spurs on the bottom of their feet and on the back of the heel. my husband has had spurs removed and pain in the feet, the one spur on the back of the heel still hurts, they couldn't get all of it because of the acilles tendon. all they could do was shave some of the spur off, it was huge looked like a fish hook, now the xrays look like it is growing back and causing pain again. would love some imput if any body else has this problem. Donna S

------------------
Donna S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2002, 03:59 PM   #2

bumbie37 HB User
I pity your husband. Hope he doesnt do construction like I do. Concrete is killer on bad feet. Look under endoscopic plantar faciotomy. Might be able to pick up some tips there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2002, 12:00 PM   #3

Donna S HB User
Bumbie37, thanks for the info. i am new to the post board, dont really know what to look under, he works in the oil field. stands on his feet a long periods of time, he has moved into the office, but still goes out to the rigs and checks out the hands and climbin up and down the rig floor, I feel so sorry for him have had surgery and was off work for 3 months. you know when your feet hurt you hurt all over, Have you had the surger, He had a spur that was on the bottom of the foot and it was huge, just like the one on the back of the heel under the acclies, tendon how ever you speel that word, and way he just had knee surgery and been off work for 3 months and went back to work steped off the curb at work and that darn spur broke and sled into the muscle, and he hit the ground, i took him in and that had to cast it. and was off work for 6 to 7 weeks, and very painful. then months went by and the spur retatched itself and grew more. thats when we had to do surger, the pain was to great. but he still has alot of pain, i hope you are doin good, Did you have surgery? Have a nice day, Donna S

------------------
Donna S

Old 03-21-2002, 03:15 PM   #4

bumbie37 HB User
Hi Donna. No I havent had any surgery, but I bet one of these days I will have to go that route. What kind of surgery did your hubby have on his feet? Went to doc wed. said feet were improving. Gave me vioxx for aching feet. (anti inflamitory) This is the third inti inflam. I,ve tried. Said this one would work. I,ll beleive it when I see, or feel it. Took one this morning, and went to a different job. One with carpeted floors. Feet didnt really hurt too bad. I can feel the spur on my heel though. Might have to have it removed some day. Also have a lump on the tendon that runs over arch. Dr. said it was probably from a tear, and thats the way it grow back. No problems with that, now! Who knows about down the road. Did you look under endoscopic plantar faciotomy? I,ve been writing back and forth with a couple of people over there. If nothing else, is a good support group. Good luck, Bumbie.

Old 03-21-2002, 05:49 PM   #5

Donna S HB User
hi bumbie, no i havn't gotten a chance to go to the other post, i have had by grandkids. and my husband and i worked on our camper for the last two day,s his feet were hurtin last night. i tell you when we went to Disney World, my feet hurt so bad, i would have tears run down my face, and would sit down for a while, but when i would start walkin again i just grined and beard it,ha. i did the corsoine shots, on my arch and heel hurtin, i didn't do the med, the shots in 3's did it for me, my feet still hurt, but not as bad as before, we are getting ready to leave for Disney World again in May, Ican't hardly wait, but how ever dread the walkin and standin part, my husband and i both will be holdin each other up.ha i would sit on curbs or rocks or what ever i could while standin inline, well better go have a good day, i will check out the other post tomoorw, Donna S

------------------
Donna S

Old 03-24-2002, 12:26 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katkat HB User
donna i posted an answer to you under the plantar fasciittis post.
kat

Old 04-09-2002, 01:47 PM   #7

PrincessDot HB User
I have spurs on both heels, and wore special made orthotics(sp?) for a couple of years and now they dont bother me too much... only now and then.
The process is covered on most insurances, and it really does help.

Old 04-09-2002, 04:19 PM   #8

Donna S HB User
Thanks Dot, i tried to get my husband to get the othoics {sp} i can't spell worth a beans, ha any way he wouldn't, his feet was hurting him last night, that tendon on the back of heal. i can't spell the name of the tendon, i am sure you know which one i am talking about. the spur under that hurts him real bad, i tired those things in my shoes i have a different problem with my feet, and i could not wear them, any thing in my shoes just bothers me to no end, i tried to wear them, spent 300.00 on them, i can't stand if my socks are turned, all in my mind i guess, Thanks again you have a nice day, Donna S

Old 04-19-2002, 12:08 AM   #9

swamper HB User
Hi there,
I hope this might be of some help to any or all of you.
I am a 41 yr. old dairy farmer-on my feet alot-and I know what you're going through. I had a heel spur on my right heel-very painful. My doctor gave me a cortisone shot which helped alot. I also have very flat feet which are most likely the cause of the heel spur. I have used some different arch supports and orthotics, including some that I saw on a TV infomercial, also some custom made orthotics through a foot doctor. These all helped some, but eventually caused some sore callouses. I still use one kind or the other depending how my feet feel. I just got fitted for some new ones yesterday through another source, which I should get in two weeks. I'm hoping they will help alot.
Sorry, I'm getting a little long winded. Anyway, after my right heel spur, I felt one starting on my left foot. Soon after that was when I got the one kind of orthotic,and by wearing that my heel pain went away.
So I guess my advise is see a foot doctor, and if need be get some orthotics made for your feet. You only have one pair, so take care of them!

swamper

Closed Thread