It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2002, 11:27 AM   #1

Charleyann HB User
Unhappy Toenail root removal

Hello all,

One week ago I had my toenails and roots removed on my big toes. I'm still experiencing great pain. Also one of the tips of my toes has turned white. I mean snow white and is spreading down both sides of that toe. Does anyone know what this is and how long it takes for the pain to ease? I'm scared the toe is dying....Please help! thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2002, 08:30 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katkat HB User
i don't know but i'd call the doc just in case. better to be safe than sorry. why waste your time asking non medical persons on a board when it could be something serious. call the docs office now!
kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2002, 12:23 PM   #3

Charleyann HB User
Thanks Katkat....I had to go to the ER. In Canada the health care is bad and I wasn't able to reach the doctor. Turns out I had a infection. The infection and swelling were a result and that caused poor circulation. The foot is on the mend....I wouldn't recommend this surgery to anyone. Never knew anything could hurt as bad! I'll never ever have a cat declawed either!

Old 04-20-2002, 01:42 PM   #4

missyjlynne HB User
Talking

Just wanted to let you know that I had alot of trouble with ingrown toenails through the years and I finally got them taken off both of my big toes, and the root removed. So I will never have either toenail again. I went through alot of pain when I had it done but I sure feel alot better and NO MORE INGROWN toenails. I am very glad that I had it done.

Closed Thread