It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2002, 08:19 AM   #1

Terra_Antares HB User
Question One foot itches and is peeling..PLEASE HELP!

Hi! Ok, first off, I know it's not athlete's foot. Only one foot has itched for about 3 years now. Sometimes it goes away for a few days. The bottom of my foot is thick and scaly. I have tried all the over the counter meds for athletes foot for years now. All they do is get rid of the itch for a few hours. I am a at home mom and don't wear socks or shoes that often. So my feet have all the time in the world to "get air."
When I was pregnant with my daughter, the doctor told me that it was a certain symptom that pregnant women get.
Well, I had her 15 months ago and still the problem persists.
Does anyone else have this, or has anyone had this?
Maybe I should use the O-T-C for 2 months instead of one???
I appreciate any feedback on this itchy situation!
Thanks,
Terra

Old 04-30-2002, 11:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Wink

hi id go back to doc, you might have a different type of fungal growing, try to get rid of the hard skin to see if it makes an difference good luck

PS its not some sort of allergy is it???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2002, 10:06 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katkat HB User
i'd see a dermatologist.
kat

Old 05-04-2002, 10:45 AM   #4

Terra_Antares HB User
Smile

Hey guys!
Thanks so much for confirming what I should go do.
I am new here and it's nice to see that there are people who care enough to help.

Take care!
Terra

Old 05-04-2002, 10:50 AM   #5

Terra_Antares HB User
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by niecsey:
hi id go back to doc, you might have a different type of fungal growing, try to get rid of the hard skin to see if it makes an difference good luck

PS its not some sort of allergy is it???
~~First, thanks for caring!~~~~I am allergic to laundry detergents and certain soaps, so that is a possiblity I haven't considered. But, I definitely will get to the doc and find out. And again, I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
Terra

Old 07-27-2004, 07:53 PM   #6

kite junkie HB User
Re: One foot itches and is peeling..PLEASE HELP!

Wow...I am reading all of my symptoms in your post. I have been to the doctor 3 times and they have prescribed oral medicine twice that is bad on the Liver but I am going insane with the itch. I was up all night last night. I have had one foot that is driving me over the edge. I have literally tried every medicine out there from Powders to sprays to Q-tips to prescribed medicine and nothing has helped. I am 43 years old and am not pregnant and I have the same symptoms as you have. Last night I considered getting a sander and sanding the bottom of my foot...arrrghhhhh!!! I am calling a Podiatrist in the morning. I'll let you know what happens. There are only 3 Podiatrists here in my town. I have even used Clorox clean up bleach cleaner on my foot! I bought mesh shoes and I blowdry my feet and between my toes after every shower and after I get home from work.. Nothing is working and I am at the end of my sanity. If any one has any suggestions or similar conditions please post here!!!
Thanks
Kite Junkie
sport kite madness

Old 07-29-2004, 07:11 AM   #7

linda617 HB User
Re: One foot itches and is peeling..PLEASE HELP!

my leg itches every night at bed time. allways the same place and drives me crazy.after a lot of scratching with a steak knife it goes away only to retiurn the next night. i been to the docton. nothing works. linda

Closed Thread