It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

Yasmine HB User
Question pain on right bottom heel

I have noticed a pain on my right heel, on the bottom now for over a month. I dont beleive i stepped on anything. The spot that hurts is hard. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Old 02-22-2002, 10:01 PM   #2
Inactive

oceanbreeze1 HB User
It sounds like it could be Plantar Fasciitis or a heel spur. If it keeps giving you problems get to a foot Doctor soon or it will get worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2002, 03:43 PM   #3

bumbie37 HB User
Yasmine, Take oceanbreezes adice now! Dont waite like I did. I am in constant pain when I have to stand for prolonged periods. I waited way to long to seek treatment. Good luck, Bumbie.

Old 04-18-2002, 10:13 PM   #4

swamper HB User
Smile

Yasmine, It sounds like a heel spur to me. Do you also have flat feet? If so, that could be the cause of the heel spur. You may need orthotics (arch supports). See a foot doctor. Take care of your feet - they're the only ones you've got!
Good Luck!
swamper

Old 04-20-2002, 12:21 PM   #5

missyjlynne HB User
Exclamation

I had the same problem, just went to foot doctor and said I have "Plantar Fasciitis" I would recomend that you go see a foot doctor right away before it gets worse.. they took x-rays to make sure the bones were OK and that to check and see if I had spurs, ( which I don't) so they are treating for for that now. He gave me foot exercises to do and arch supports and I also have to use Ice on my feet. I go back in 6 weeks to see how I am doing.
GOOD LUCK

[This message has been edited by missyjlynne (edited 04-20-2002).]

Old 05-20-2002, 06:24 PM   #6

snowanne HB User
I suffered thru months of pain, also on my right foot in the middle of the heel. Pain was exceptionally bad at night if I got out of bed, I could barely put my heel on the floor -- I always wore socks or shoes otherwise the pain would be piercing. All of this was diagnosed as classic heel spurs; inflammation of the bone/muscle that runs the length of the foot-very common, but painful.(Although it feels as if a piece of bone is stabbing into your foot, its really not, this is just a myth) After weekly visits to the podiatrist with little results..shots in the foot--ouch, special ultrasound tub baths, special heel/shoe inserts (oh, the over the counter ones like Dr. Scholls are helpful) nothing seemed to work---and then like magic, I found the cure and it was gone within a week and hasn't been back for over 9 months! I started to wear heels again! Somehow by wearing sneakers and flat shoes, thinking this is less stressful to the heel, it actually made it worse by putting pressure on the heel. By wearing 2-3 inch heels (on very comfortable shoes)I kept the heel up and the weight fell naturally to the front of my foot---and like magic the heel spurs could get better instead of constantly aggravating them.....hope this works for you-I still can't believe how simple the solution was!

Old 05-22-2002, 01:54 PM   #7
Inactive

Lady^ HB User
Sounds like a heel spur to me to....I had surgery for a spur last fall so I definatley know what one feels like. Go to the doc and get it checked out cause it's not gonna get any better on it's own.

Old 05-31-2002, 10:41 AM   #8
(female)

Yasmine HB User
Wow I had forgotten that I had even placed a message on this board. Well since then, I have seen doctor, in the early stages and she told me it was corn on my heel. SO i bought corn removers and kept using them. For a while it seemed to be getting better, but its not that way now. And I have noticed two dots similar to the first one when it was new on my heel too. THey are very hard when I feel them. I went to sleep last night with a corn remover on each one. It hurt like crazy. I think my doctor was wrong.

Old 06-20-2002, 12:27 PM   #9

claujuh HB User
Thumbs up

yup yup yup, i waited too long to seek medical help too and i was barely able to walk anymore the pain was so bad. just don't have a plantar fasciotomy AND a bunionectomy on the same foot on the same day!!!!!

Old 06-20-2002, 12:29 PM   #10

claujuh HB User
gee, i guess i could have read ALL the posts before replying...then i'd have seen that you, yourself, Yasmine, posted!!! i am wondering if maybe you are developing plantar warts????? i have had them in the past and they initially presented themselves as red, painful lumpy things on my foot. just a thought! (and they are easily taken care of..)

Closed Thread