It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

marcine26 HB User
12 weeks post op, and stubbed my toe

Hi All,

I havent been on here much as I am still trying to get caught up with work after going back almost 2 months ago. I had my chevron bunion surgery on july 23 and returned to work Mid august (against drs orders). I am now in regular shoes, well sorta regular, he told me anything that is comfortable and wide. Doing PT at home as much as I can. He gave me to OK to exercise, but I am reluctant to start that.

But last night, I went to the bathroom in the middle of night, and tripped on my kids potty stool and of course it was my bad foot. I was swearing, crying, screaming all at once. thank god noone heard me, but I am in so much pain right now its not even funny. I cant bend my toe as much as I could yesterday, it hurts like crazy, I dont think I broke it as its not that bad. I even think I regained my limp that I thought I had lost.

What should I do, if anything? any advice?

amy

Old 10-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: 12 weeks post op, and stubbed my toe

i did the same thing after toe fusion and i was out of town. i was in so much pain that when i got home i went to see my dr. luckily, there was no damage, but i had to know for sure. i am sure you are fine, but you may want to check it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User

I did sort of the same thing about three days after surgery on the bunion. I fell on the curb right in front of my Dr's office. I was learning to operate the "Rollabout" that I had right after the surgery. The nurse took me in right away and took xrays to make sure the screw etc... hadn't moved or caused any damage. Turned out that all was well. So, probably get your foot checked out as soon as you can just to have peace of mind.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #4
(female)

cosmic1 HB User

Post my first bunion surgery, I really, really stubbed my great toe just two weeks after the external fixation pins were removed.
I was on a very pleasant trip to Florida. I elevated my foot onto the dash board of the car while traveling to reduce swelling. In the process, I just smashed it against the dashboard.
I went to see my POD a day later he just fluffed it off.
I went back the next day because he gave me some exercises to do and I wouldn't do them unless he xrayed the toe first.
It was a major sprain of the great toe.
However, the surgery wasn't affected and all was well in the end!!!!

Closed Thread