It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
had surgery today

i am a little out of it. actually alot. the dr removed my hardware after toe fusion. i have 1 screw left. he removed 6 screws and a huge mtal plate. i brought them home. i really dont see how i walked with these, but my toe fused and he said to my husband he never wants to see me again for surgical purposes and i relayed the same message. i go next wednesday for bandage removal and then will have to go fot pt on the hammertoe. i only wish this surgery went well, he told my husband he was afraid the screws would not come out easily and i still dont know why i have 1. i am happy, but scared at the same time. i woke up from the surgery in total pain and they told me i was the only one to ever wake up in pain. i told them i want a vicadin and they gave it to me. i feel pain still, but they gave me a presciption for darvocet and cellebrex. i will post whjen i can. i am so groggy now. debbie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: had surgery today

2nd day after surgery. when i went to put my boot on this morning the sock fell off and underneath the ace bandage, my entire foot was soaked in bllod on the initial bandage. th drs office called me this morning and i told them then someone from the office called back and said he would let the dr know. i havent heard a thing. do you guys think this is normal or sshould i be very concerned? please i hope someone replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

cosmic1 HB User

If the blood is wet in places GO IN.
24 hours after my second bunion surgery, I had a saturated, blood soaked bandage with some wet blood and I went in immediately.
However, all was well in the end as it stopped bleeding that day.
The POD was concerned and stated that he would have to go back in if it didn't stop. That was almost more than I could bear to hear after a 4 hour surgery the day b4.
But, all was well!!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
(male)

john125 HB User

Well done Deb, I know you will be fine.

Closed Thread