It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2002, 06:09 PM   #1

surfmore2 HB User
Unhappy Burning sensation on sole of feet

I am a 41-yr. old male who has been lately feeling this burning sensation under my feet. It can also be described as standing on dull pins for a long time and now the sole of your feet hurts/burns. I was noticing it at nights, after work and work shoe is off and I am at home relaxing. I thought it was tired feet, but it has become regular. I was recently hospitalized for 2 days (unrelated matter) and was pretty much in bed all 2 days, but my feet still burned. I now feel the burning sensation during the day and at night. I feel it everywhere under both feet, except my toes and arch. I was even given 1000mg painkiller while hospitalized (fever reducer/painkiller), and it had no effect on the burn sensation. I suspect that standing on ice might be the only solution, but haven't tried it yet. Please, does anyone know what it is that's wrong with me, and any solution for my situation?? Thanks.

Old 11-08-2002, 06:20 PM   #2

surfmore2 HB User
Smile

Since posting the initial post, I have researched the issue and found the answer to my question. The disorder is called Peripheral Neuropathy. It is a damage to the central nervous system and can be caused by a host of conditions. Inserted below is a website that explains the topic. Read through and scroll down and click on pg3 to get to page 3 etc. By the time to go through all the pages, you will know everything about central nervous system damage.
[url="http://www.neuropathy-trust.org/peripheral_neuropathy/neuro2.html"]http://www.neuropathy-trust.org/peripheral_neuropathy/neuro2.html[/url]

Thanks for all the help. Hope this helps someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread