It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2002, 10:42 AM   #1

sdo HB User
Post Shooting Pain in Arch of Foot

Over the past 3 to 4 days I have noticed a very sharp pain coming from my right foot arch. It's a very sharp pain that only happens 2-3 times each day lasting for a couple of seconds and then going away. That's it. I don't have any pain while walking or anything and there seems to be nothing else wrong. The pains happen at different times thoughout the day.

I've spent some time researching my problem on-line but haven't been able to find out anything that closely resembles what I describe. Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Old 01-20-2003, 10:15 AM   #2

sykochick420 HB User
Red face

I have the same thing happen to me. It used to happen frequently(everyday several times a day). I always figured it was a charlie horse or something. It doesnt happen very much n e more maybe once or twice a month and I can feel it coming on so i can prepare myself now. sorry cant be more help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2003, 11:43 PM   #3

hotpurple5 HB User
Lightbulb

Just read your post. You probably have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. I have it in both feet, much worse in left. Read about it online, since u said u had already tried to research online. It is characterized by the same shooting pain in arch as u described. If it is burning sensation around arch area (kinda like rubbing alcohol being poured inside), it is a less severe attack. the really bad attacks are the electrical shock, "electrocution" feeling @ the arch & may shoot across bottom of foot, towards, and include the big toe. Caused by compression of the posterior tibial nerve.U may need to be on neurontin-that is ONLY thing that works for many of us. Kinda like carpal tunnel, they say; but nobody I've ever known w/ carpal tunnel ever complained of the type of pain I have w the tarsal tunnel. SEE A PODIATRIST or ORTHO dr. ASAP!!! The diagnosis is made by nerve conduction/electrodiagnostic study (EMG)(ouch!!), but the knowledge of confirmed diagnosis & the extent of it, so an appropriate tmt plan can be prescribed far outweighs being stuck w/ a needle several times in ea. foot! Good Luck -Donna

Closed Thread