It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2003, 04:21 AM   #1

Publisher HB User
Post DEEP Heel Problem / Toe Itching

Hello everyone, I've happened across Healthboards, and decided to take a shot at procuring advice for my problem. Approx 2 years ago, I started to develop hard callouses on my heels. These callouses are very dry, deep, superficial (small) cracks on the exterior, and are around the outer radius of the heel, reaching in approximately 3/4 inch toward the inside of the heel. Following removal of said callouses with a commercial "heel scraper" (blade) or a razor blade, they will return to the same condition within a week. Also, between my toes, I experience the same, although it is accompanied by intense itching and redness. Incidentally, my ex wife, she has a diagnosed toenail fungus, and both of my pinky toes have developed the same type of symptom that I witnessed with all of her toenails. May I have contracted some of these symptoms from her? Any ideas? Someone has suggested Lamisil, I have yet to try this. Thank you very much.

Old 03-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sakara33 HB User
First of all I would say that you need to see a Foot DR. but it sounds like to me you have Tinea Pidus or Athletes Foot which is caused by a fungus usually occuring between the toes.(And which is found in alot of peoples showers) The athletes foot problem can be taken care of with alot of over the counter meds, but I would also use Sea Breeze after you get out of the shower(spray it on your feet)....(put it in a spray bottle) also I would clean your shower out with a good cleaner that kills germs...and maybe even spray with Lysol after you take showers....you can even take showers with flip flops on...(which I would until you get this under control) if anyone else takes showers in your shower they could have gave it to you or it can sometimes run in the family. (Just make sure you keep it clean) Also on the dry heels...first of all I would not use a blade of any kind your asking for an infection.....you can get a foot file (that has a coarse side and a non coarse side)and that will help, also don't think that using it once will get rid of the problem because it won't....it is a every other day thing....this is what I do.....before my shower I put baby oil on my feet...then file the rough areas, then use the other side of the file, which is more like a buffer...and buff that down....after my shower I put vaseline on my feet(I know it sounds gross) but it works...or you can use a very heavy cream lotion but vaseline works best. Then put socks on (leave the socks on all night)....if you try to file to much to soon you are going to end up with really sore feet.....that is why you need to take your time. Also you can use a high strength urea or allontoin which are found in some lotions which has softening agents that will work by breaking down the thick layers of the heel. Also something that works really good, you could get a Paraffin Wax which helps....with the dry heels...also if your x-wife has been diagnosed with a toenail fungus...there are some things you can use for that also...Doctor G's has a good product for this and you can get at any beauty supply ......but I would say that you really need to see a DR....first....hope that helps....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread