It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2003, 08:50 AM   #1

Paint HB User
Post Itchy ankles at night

This problem happens about 2 or 3 times a year - usually in the Winter, but I'm experiencing it now in the Summer too. I've suffered from it for years, and don't know what it is, or what causes it:

My feet are good, I look after them and have no problems with athlete's foot or other infections. I don't wear shoes inside the house, going barefoot in the Summer, or with slipper-socks in the Winter. I usually wear leather sandals outside in the Summer.

For what seems like no reason, suddenly my ankles will start to itch intensely in bed at night. It drives me absolutely crazy, and although I take anti-histamine tablets, and apply Lanacane to my ankles I can get no relief unless I put ice-packs on my feet. The problem then recurrs every night for about a week or so before it stops as suddenly as it began. Only my ankles are ever affected, and the itching is so intense it keeps me awake for most of the night. During the day, there is very little, or no itching at all - and there is no visible rash or any markings on my skin. I'd love to know what causes this - and how to ease the itching.

I've ruled out laundry detergents etc., as an allergen, as I use the same brand year-round.

If anyone can help shed some light on this problem, I would be grateful! Best wishes, Paint.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread